About Me

My photo
I'm currently teaching myself how to mix. At the moment, I'm mostly concentrating on hard dance (145 BPM+) and Trance (135-145 BPM). I'd like to move into Drum'n'Bass and Hip Hop at some stage but am loving the faster stuff at the moment.

Friday 13 May 2011

Facebook Page and iPad Synth

Howdy every 2 people who follow this blog!

Firstly, Facebook.
I now have a Facebook page up and running.  I'll still continue to post here but the Facebook page will store all photos, events and so forth.  Any new mixes I post will be linked here along with track listings and transition times then linked to the Facebook page.  I'm hoping to post one new mix every month, depending on how busy I am with other things.

To get to my Facebook page, follow this link: DJ Adumbration Facebook Page or search for 'Adumbration' from Facebook.

Secondly, I now have my hands on a shiny new 64GB iPad 2 with 3G (thank you work!).  In addition to using this for remote support of our servers and field staff computers, developing iOS apps on and general entertainment I have also been downloading a few music generation/synthesiser apps.  But just your generic iPad-clone-of-a-physical-device kind of stuff.  I'm talking about your weird and wonderful out-there products that use different methods of generating music, samples of beats on the iPad.  Something like this: Space House for iPhone/iPad for example.  Although I may be a DJ and have played many instruments in my time (clarinet and keyboard to name two),I am not particularly creative or imaginative when it comes to creating stuff from scratch.  So while traditional means of producing may be out for me, these sorts of things are spot on.  I'm having a ball with these apps.  Hopefully, I can create some nice beats/samples/tracks with them that I can use in my regular mixes.  We'll just have to wait and see!

Ciao
Adumbration 

No comments:

Post a Comment