About Me

My photo
I'm currently teaching myself how to mix. At the moment, I'm mostly concentrating on hard dance (145 BPM+) and Trance (135-145 BPM). I'd like to move into Drum'n'Bass and Hip Hop at some stage but am loving the faster stuff at the moment.

Friday 21 October 2011

New Toy

Well, the threat of possibly having to move soon has prompted me to get my act together and get some kind of case for my DJ gear.  I have been eying off road coffins as they allow me to keep everything in one place and put the lid on when I'm done.  Essentially, as I do most of my mixing in one place, it is a glorified dust cover.  But if I do want to go out to do a gig and take my own gear, I now have a durable coffin to transport it all in.  As I have a large CDJ, I have had to go for the biggest road coffin there is (short of one big enough for turntables).  So the mixer and the smaller CDJ look a bit out of place.  Oh well, room to grow!

I spent most of last night wiring it up.  I have black conduit running across the back of it - 1 for signal wires and 1 for power.  Everything is nicely cable tied with double-sided velcro so if I do ever need to adjust, remove or add something it is relatively easy to do so.  Now I just need to see how it fits on the desk.  I have a suspicion I won't be able to fit it and the speakers on the desk.  Or if I do, I won't be able to remove the lid without knocking the speakers off the desk as you have to fold the lid back a fair way to disengage the hinge.  If we move to a new place, this should be to much of an issue as the desk will be up against a wall (most likely).  Might see if I can put a strap on the lid so if I want to just lift the lid up and mix without taking it off, the strap prevents it from falling backwards.  Time to get my home economics on!  Yeah baby!

Speaking of which, my meringues are ready and the custard is almost ready for the ice cream maker (no shit - I actually cook fairly well!).

Ciao
Adumbration

No comments:

Post a Comment