About Me

My photo
I'm currently teaching myself how to mix. At the moment, I'm mostly concentrating on hard dance (145 BPM+) and Trance (135-145 BPM). I'd like to move into Drum'n'Bass and Hip Hop at some stage but am loving the faster stuff at the moment.

Friday 10 June 2011

Reactable and Looperman

Well, in addition to learning new things - I have come across to things that I think will be really helpful.  The first almost made me nerdgasm.  It's called Reactable (Reactable Website) and it's a multi-user synthesiser.  It uses a round, flat table that you place small pieces of plastic on.  Each of these plastic pieces do something different and you control them touching the space around them or rotating them.  They link to other pieces based on location on the table top.  While the physical devices costs over nine thousand euros, the iPad app costs $12.  The standard loops that come with the app are,well, boring as batshit.  And this leads into my second discovery - Looperman.

Looperman (Looperman Website) is a website where DJ's and producers can upload small loops, samples and acapellas that others can use for no royalty fee.  This goes great with the Reactable iPad app as it only needs these small samples to make fully-fledged tracks.  I'm currently downloading a few of these to help me learn how Reactable works.  Eventually, I'm hoping to use these in my DJ sets to provide intros, backing, breakdowns etc.  Having lots of fun with this kind of stuff - it's amazing what technology can do these days.

Till next time
Adumbration

No comments:

Post a Comment